Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: How Do You Store Your Dolls (and Extras)?

  1. #11
    Inactive Member sparklyyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2006
    Posts
    125
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You guys are so creative! Thanks for all of the ideas. I have a ton of the "Neat Idea" cubes from Target (the black grid kind). I bet I could somehow fashion something out of those. I also like the manual on how to make a doll closet. I'm fortunate to have a lot of space in my bedroom and my closet so we'll see...

    Thanks again!
    Erin

  2. #12
    thepidget
    Guest thepidget's Avatar

    Post

    To answer your questions...

    I "store" my dolls on shelves in one of my closets. However, they're rarely in there... More often than not, they somehow find their way onto my living room couch. Maybe they just enjoy watching daytime TV? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    As for clothing and such... I buy those gallon-sized Ziploc bags, label each of them with outfits' names, and stash my outfits and small corresponding accessories in them. I keep these bags in large, flat Sterilite boxes--I find that these boxes are very easy to transport from room to room, which is great for me because I can change my dolls' clothes wherever I want. So far this bag-and-box system has worked fine for me, but it's getting harder to find things I need because I have way too many outfits. LOL. [img]redface.gif[/img]

    Also, I will put bigger doll accessories on display, keep them in my non-AG doll-sized cabinet or locker, or keep them in their original boxes.

    I will buy outside of AG for things like furniture and accessories. I rarely buy doll furniture (I'm more into clothes than anything), and I find that outside brands can be much cheaper than AG.

    Hope this helps! Good luck with your dollie storage endeavors!

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 26, 2006 05:12 PM: Message edited by: pidgetgirl ]</font>

  3. #13
    *AG Star*
    Guest *AG Star*'s Avatar

    Post

    Here's a picture of my storage "system":

    ecca38aa

    I don't have a huge collection, but it works! [img]smile.gif[/img]

  4. #14
    AmericanGirlLover2982
    Guest AmericanGirlLover2982's Avatar

    Post

    I have a storage bin and then keep extra stuff on a shelf in my closet. Here is the link to my storage. http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=2127079706

    Everything is still the same as this album only thing that changed is where the girls are housed. Here is the link to that album. Only thing misisng is Jess she has new home somewhere else with a HB member.

    http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=2106929016

  5. #15
    Felicity_Fan85
    Guest Felicity_Fan85's Avatar

    Post

    Well, my dolls are on my bed. But it's pretty crowded. I wish I could make a doll house or 2 but I have not much space in my room. So I'm thinking of maybe buying another bookcase and displying my dolls on that, having a section to store their clothes and accessories and if I have room the bottom or something might be for making one or 2 doll rooms that could be easily interchangable for any movies I make.

  6. #16
    Inactive Member wrxgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2005
    Posts
    876
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I keep 4-5 of mine at a time displayed on my computer desk " which is huge!" and when I move, I'll be getting my own spare bedroom to display the girls in! [img]smile.gif[/img] I can use my imagination and all that closet space! I cant wait! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Unfortunately right now, a lot are sitting in boxes being rotated... but that hopefully wont be too much longer!
    I am going to actually take Kailey out of her box.... when we move... she will be my gift to myself in a way even though Ive had her for years... as a moving gift hehe [img]smile.gif[/img]
    She cant wait to come out and see the sunshine! HAHA [img]smile.gif[/img]

  7. #17
    Inactive Member prasnlrd's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 7th, 2006
    Posts
    176
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My 28 morsels are in variuos displays in the living, family, and sometimes my bedroom. I spread them out so they are not alll in one place, unless we are taking a family picture.

    They have their own living/family room within my livingroom with 2 couches, a chaise, and a computer station. I can usually can get 8 or 9 of them in this scene.

    The majority of them are on the top of the living room sofa table in a back to school scene. Others are riding bike or at Cheer-leader practice in the family room. The AGT yellow bunkbed and the Bittys crib are in my bedroom, so sometimes a few are in there.

    My storage....WHEW!..1/3 of my bedroom's W/I closet and the cabinets in my laundry room. [img]rolleyes.gif[/img] HA!

    [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] AG Gonner Here In CA! [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

    BTW:
    [img]redface.gif[/img] I always sleep with at least one morsel every night too! [img]redface.gif[/img] HA!

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 26, 2006 07:19 PM: Message edited by: prasnlrd ]</font>

  8. #18
    Inactive Member MareUnwritten's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 7th, 2006
    Posts
    47
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am very, very blessed to have a father who was a carpenter in his early years, and last summer he made me an L-shaped floor to ceiling shelving unit. The entire unit is made to switch shelf heights for my different dolls and model horses in six-inch sections. My girls are all sitting pretty at eye level, though they do have to stay in the sewing room when they're not with me because of our four dogs and four cats! They're getting little quilts to sit on for Christmas, since they don't have any furniture yet but should each have her own "space". That will be one of the big things of 2007, I think, since I have almost all the AGs that were on my wish list [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    As for my clothing and accessories, they are packed in ziploc baggies and stored in sterlite containers that I put on the lowest shelf. They share the shelves with my model horse collection and other dolls. The room also contains my stuffed Pooh collection, and my childhood stuffed animals. So my sewing room, where I do 99% of the work for my business, is my favorite place to be when I'm having a blue day [img]smile.gif[/img]

  9. #19
    Inactive Member samo22's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 12th, 2006
    Posts
    115
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I only have three dolls, and they stay in their beds. I have two giant bins I keep most of their clothing/accesories in, and then I have a mini plastic thing of drawers (which I keep the clothes I put them in the most often) that I have near their beds.

  10. #20
    Inactive Member MollyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 16th, 2005
    Posts
    945
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have a closet for the Bitty items,
    bitty 1

    I have a built in shelf for 4 displays and the trunks,
    trunks
    IMG 0855
    and a closet for the JLU outfits and accessories.
    IMG 0850

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •